Welcome to another menu plan Monday! This week we spent $70 on groceries between the Farmer's Market and Trader Joe's. I'm using chicken and ground beef from the freezer but we did buy a couple packs of organic, pastured pork sausage at the Farmer's Market and a pound of shrimp at Trader Joe's (I'll only use half of it this week). Those really hit the budget hard! Otherwise, it was the normal weekly fare of milk, eggs, butter, veggies, and some grains. I made two loaves of yeast bread yesterday (recipe from Ken Haedrich's "Country Baking"), a batch of granola (recipe from Kitchen Stewardship), and some ranch and italian dressings. Here's what's on the menu for this week:
Monday: Sausage and Onion w/ Crispy Polenta
Tuesday: Grilled Chicken and Roasted Potato Salad
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Spicy Meatloaf
Friday: Orange Couscous w/ Shrimp
Saturday: Potato Leek Soup and Salad
Sunday: Risotto with Acorn Squash
Happy menu planning!

We love shrimp and yes, it's a budget hitter. My husband was asking me when we could have it again. I may end up ordering the Seafood Angel Food Ministries Box this month as a surprise.
ReplyDeleteI love MPM. I'm able to get loads of inspiration, recipes and meet new bloggers.
You have a terrific menu planned.